Customer update on coronavirus
We are continuing to work on the Local Plan, however it is likely that there will be some delay to the timetable.
This has been updated in the timeline below.
The Draft Bracknell Forest Local Plan will set the long term spatial vision and development strategy for the borough up to 2036.
Once adopted, it will replace the saved policies in the Bracknell Forest Borough Local Plan (2002) and the Core Strategy (2008). It will therefore be wide ranging in terms of the issues that it will cover.
The timetable for the Local Plan is:
- pre-submission consultation - spring 2021
- submission - early summer 2021
- examination - 2021
- report to council and adoption - 2021 to 2022
What the plan will include
The Plan will include a vision, objectives, and strategy for the level and distribution of development in the borough up to 2036. This includes housing, economic and retail development, new infrastructure and also policies relating to:
- development within the green belt
- development within the countryside
- design, including residential extensions and shop fronts
- environmental issues such as flood risk and water quality
- heritage assets
- the natural environment and biodiversity including landscape, green infrastructure and the Thames Basin Heaths Special Protection Area
- infrastructure needs including open space, sport and recreation and community facilities
- town, district and local centres
- development affecting employment sites
- housing needs including those for:
- Gypsies, Travellers and Travelling Showpeople
- affordable housing
- healthy and inclusive communities
- climate change including the delivery of renewable energy and sustainable construction
The Draft Bracknell Forest Local Plan will include site allocations for specific uses, including housing and employment uses, and will need to be based on a range of up-to-date evidence which is currently being prepared.