Joint Minerals and Waste Plan
Bracknell Forest Council, Reading Borough Council, the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and Wokingham Borough Council (collectively referred to as the Central and Eastern Berkshire Authorities) are working in partnership to produce a Joint Minerals and Waste Plan.
This will build upon the formerly adopted minerals and waste plans for the Berkshire area, eventually providing replacement policies based on up to date evidence of the need for minerals and waste facilities.
A focussed consultation on Sand and Gravel Provision and Operator Performance closed on 23 March 2020.
Responses received are now being reviewed and it is hoped to publish a summary of the main issues raised in May 2020. These will inform the Proposed Submission Plan (Regulation 19) which is being prepared by Hampshire Services on behalf of the Central and Eastern Berkshire Authorities.
The consultation document can be viewed on the Hampshire County Council website.
A number of information gathering consultations have already been completed:
- Summer 2017 - ‘Issues and Options’ consultation to gather technical information and confirm the evidence base
- Summer / Autumn 2018 - ‘Draft Plan’ consultation which set out the proposed approach
- Summer of 2019 – consultation on an additional site (Bray Quarry Extension)
- Various ‘calls for sites’ for minerals and waste uses (Spring 2017, Autumn 2017, Winter 2018 / 19 and Autumn 2019)
- Wednesday 9 October to Friday 22 November 2019