Design Supplementary Planning Document
The council has adopted a new Design Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). This will be a material consideration in the assessment of planning proposals and applications within the Borough.
The document sets out general advice on design principles. It aims to assist with the implementation of current planning policies and provide prospective applicants with a clearer view of the council’s expectations for design when submitting planning applications.
The SPD sets out:
- details of the more high level principles relating to the understanding of a site and the context including the existing character where the site is located
guidance on the basic principles of design to create places that will provide:
- good communities
- places for leisure and work
- pleasant homes for residents in the future
- guidance and key principles relating to householder extensions
- advice relating to the content of design and access statements
The SPD documents and supporting documents are: