How is my information used?
We ask you or hold your personal data to provide you with services as found on this website.
We also provide communication newsletters where you have asked us to let you know about activities. In these instances we need your consent. You can ask us to remove you from this type of email list when the service is discretionary.
What is the legal bases for the flow of personal data?
We have different legal responsibilities for different types of information we hold.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018 it states that processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child
The council will let you know through service specific privacy notices what legal bases we are relying on to perform the service that we are providing. You can view these on our privacy notices webpages.