Helping yourself at home
We encourage residents to be resilient, adopt a self help attitude and be community spirited.
The following advice may help:
- be aware of the local forecast and road conditions by listening to the radio, watching TV or using the internet
- take precautions to grit and clear your own paths and driveways
- clear snow from your car before driving
- get your own salt supplies in advance - these are often available from garden centres and supermarkets - but do not leave it too late
- be a good neighbour and check on the elderly and vulnerable who may need your support during snowy periods as they may not be able to get to the shops or collect medication
For more information, take a look at the Met Office website.