Skip to main content

We are currently building a new website. Find out more about our website upgrade.

Report damage to road signs, roadwork signs and street name plates

Please use this form to report damaged road signs, street name plates or roadwork signs. To report faulty traffic lights please use our traffic lights form.

Dangerous damage to signs

If you are reporting a damaged sign and you think it is dangerous please do not use this form. Please call the council on 01344 352000 immediately. You can also use this telephone number outside normal office hours by selecting the appropriate option.

Start now

What happens next?

Street name plates

An officer will inspect the report and record any required work on a street name plate list. This list of work is jointly inspected every 2 months by a council officer and the works contractor. We then agree repairs or replacements for each case.

The estimated time for completion of any work is usually 12 weeks after a report has been received.

Road signs

We assess reports of damage to road signs. Those that may be a greater safety risk are investigated first.