A Section 50 street works licence application is required when a person or organisation wishes to excavate or break through the existing adopted highway to work on, or install new apparatus.
Everyone excavating or working on the highway must have the relevant accreditation to do so.
The cost of the licence will be dependent on the length of your works. You will be able to pay online at the end of the form.
Bonds and fees
The total fee payable is made up of the licence fee which is paid online when you apply for a Section 50 application (inspection fees are included within the licence fee), plus a bond.
The bond is fully refundable to the applicant upon satisfactory completion of final Category C inspection (23 months after permanent reinstatement or 35 months if this is a deep excavation).
The bond amount will be emailed to you separately to pay once you have submitted a Section 50 application.
Please note that any costs incurred by Bracknell Forest Council in undertaking defect inspections or remedial works on your behalf will be deducted from the bond.
For a detailed explanation of the defect inspection regime please consult the Code of Practice for Inspections section 4.2.
You will need to give us:
- full and accurate description of the exact location
- full and accurate description of the works
- estimated length and depth of excavation in metres
- start and end date for works
- form of traffic control you intend to use
- public liability insurance (minimum £5 million) which must be valid for the duration of the works
- traffic management plan
- accreditation details of the contractor
- proof of permission to connect (new apparatus only)
- applicant's details