Skip to main content

Introduction to skip operator licences

You need a licence to operate a skip hire business or own skips. The council registers operators who wish to hire out skips to the building trade or the public.

To apply for a permit to place a skip on a public road or highway, visit our skip permits page

Conditions of the skip operator licence

PDF icon Conditions of skip operator licences79.51 KB

Contact information

Customer services

Make an enquiry