When do I need a permit?
You need a permit if you are undertaking 'street works' or 'works for road purposes' and the works involve any of the following:
- breaking up or resurfacing any street
- opening (lifting covers) in the carriageway or cycleway of traffic‐sensitive streets at traffic‐sensitive times
- any form of temporary traffic control as defined in the Code of Practice for Safety at Street Works and Road Works
- reducing the lanes available on a carriageway of 3 or more lanes
- the works require a temporary traffic regulation order or notice, or the suspension of pedestrian facilities
- a reduction in the width of the existing carriageway of a traffic‐sensitive street at a traffic‐sensitive time