Skip to main content

Introduction to temporary road closure orders

Under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 you need to apply to the local highways authority for a temporary road closure order. In Bracknell Forest, the highways authority is Bracknell Forest Council.

Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) allow roads to be closed or restrict traffic movement. These permit temporary road works or manage events on the public highway such as crane operations, demonstrations and parades.

If a closure is required, a diversion route may need to be signed to assist traffic to find a suitable way around the closure and to minimise potential disruption on the highway network. The cost of erecting, maintaining and removing diversion route signing is usually the responsibility of the contractor or company organising the works.

Contact information

Customer services

Make an enquiry