What is the safe place scheme?
The safe place scheme provides support to vulnerable people when they are out and about in the community.
If a person is feeling anxious, intimidated, unsafe or disorientated in the community, they can access support from a number of local shops and businesses within Bracknell Forest.
Local shops, businesses and amenities display a sticker to let people know that they provide a safe place. They will also help to access support for them by telephone.
The scheme is designed to support:
- people with learning disabilities
- people with autism
- people with dementia
- people with physical disabilities
- people with mental health issues
- people who are hard of hearing
- people who are partially sighted
- older adults
- young people who go missing, are at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) and children with additional needs/disabilities