Remote and blended learning
If you are enrolled on a course and have been told to self-isolate, please tell us as soon as possible. We can arrange another way for you to continue learning.
Where possible, your tutor will arrange for you to either:
- join your classes through an online platform such as MS Teams or Zoom
- keep in contact by email and telephone to help you to continue until you are able to return to the classroom
In some classes, where assessment needs direct observation, supervision, or you need to use centre resources, we may reschedule a session. If it is more appropriate, we will invite you to join our next available course.
Our online learning handbook sets out what you can expect from us and what we expect from you when learning online. We will send you a copy, along with joining details for your course.
Should guidelines and COVID-19 restrictions change, we may move more of our offer online. We will always tell you of this as soon as we can, providing details of how you can join our online classes.
Bracknell Open Learning Centre has policies and procedures in place to keep staff and visitors as safe as possible. These include:
- a one way system
- clear markings on both the floor and walls to enable 2-metre social distancing
- all the classrooms have been risk assessed
- maximum numbers are clearly marked
- furniture and equipment is placed to allow learners and staff to move around, whilst maintaining distance
- antibacterial hand gel and wipes are available throughout the building
- all visitors must sign in and, where possible, use the Test and Trace app
- refreshments are not currently available
Access to learning
To maintain access to learning, we will offer support to learners who may struggle to access online learning. This may be because of a lack of suitable equipment, internet connection or confidence with IT.
We also work with partners at the council and within the community to provide bespoke support for community groups wishing to access adult learning courses.
Please contact us for more information.