Departmental service plans
To keep focus over the short term, the strategic themes and the key measures of success of the council plan are turned into service delivery priorities.
These priorities are set out in departmental service plans.
These plans set out a work programme for the next 3 years for each department. The plans include:
- an overview of the work of the department
- an explanation of the department’s budget position
- details of the Council Plan indicators for each theme
- details of the actions for each theme which will deliver the key measures of success - including a named lead officer for each, and dates for delivery milestones
- where relevant, additional operational priorities - in terms of actions and performance indicators
The service plans are refreshed annually to update them with any new actions for the next period.
2016 to 2019 service plans
|Adult Social Care, Health and Housing service plan||1 byte|
|Chief Executive's Office service plan||421 bytes|
|Children, Young People and Learning service plan||879 bytes|
|Environment, Culture and Communities service plan||830 bytes|
|Resources service plan||688 bytes|
Progress against the service plans is reported in quarterly service reports and summarised in a quarterly overview report.