Skip to main content

How do I apply?

This process is for children born on or between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015 who want to apply for a reception place for September 2019. For children born outside of these dates, please refer to when do I apply.

Even if your child attends a school nursery you must complete an application form to apply for a school place.  Going to a school nursery does not mean an automatic transfer to school.

This process also applies for children transferring from infant to junior school. Please see information about transferring from infant to junior school below.

This process is for Bracknell Forest Residents only. If you are not a Bracknell Forest resident please contact your home local authority. 

Applications to start reception are co-ordinated by the Local Authority in which you live. 

Before submitting your application you must read the Guide to Primary Education.

PDF icon Guide to Primary Education4.55 MB

Applications are not processed on a first come first served basis so please do take the time to read the information provided before completing your application.

Before starting your application, you may find it useful to watch our video guide to completing an online application.

Places at King's Academy Oakwood

See King's Academy Oakwood for information on how to apply for a reception place or register your interest in year 1 and 2.

Transfer from infant to junior school

If you are a Bracknell Forest resident and your child is in year 2 at an infant school and you wish to apply for a year 3 place in a junior school for September 2019, you will need to use the same online system as primary admissions.

Full information about how to apply for junior school is in the Guide to Primary Education above, which you must read before submitting your application.

All closing dates and online system closures are the same as primary admissions. Please read the details above to make your application.

Please note your child will not automatically transfer to junior school, even if the school is on the same site as their current infant school. You need to make an application for a year 3 place.

Contact Information

Display Name School Admissions Team

Make an enquiry