Complaints - procedure

We aim to resolve complaints at the earliest opportunity. Our complaints procedure has three stages and at each stage your complaint will be considered by someone different.

Please refer to the comments, compliments and complaints booklet for full details of the process.

How to register a general complaint

You can register a general complaint by:

Some complaints are covered by separate procedures:

Complaints about councillors

If your complaint is about a councillor, please see our councillor complaints webpage.

Complaints about Social Care

By law, these must be dealt with under a separate procedure. You should contact either:

Adult Social Care:

The Complaints Manager
Adult Social Care & Health
Time Square  
Market Street
RG12 1JD

Telephone: 01344 351736

Please refer to the PDF file downloadAdult Social Care - complaints procedure (PDF, 455kb) document for further information.

You can register a complaint through our Adult social care – compliments and complaints online form.

Children’s Social Care:

Please see our Compliments and complaints - Children's Social Care page for further information.

The Complaints Manager
Children's Social Care
Time Square
Market Street
RG12 1JD

Telephone: 01344 351737

Complaints about schools

Please see our School - complaints procedure page for more information.

There are also special arrangements for:

  • appeals about admission to, or exclusion from school
  • appeals about special educational needs provision
  • complaints about the curriculum, religious education and collective worship

Was this page useful?

Yes No

Thank you. You can provide further feedback on this page using our feedback form.