Click and Tip online booking for recycling centres
Both re3 recycling sites are operating on a limited capacity and residents will have to book a time slot to use the sites. This is to make sure that safe operation and social distancing rules can be maintained.
We urge you to only make a booking if you are no longer able to safely store your waste at home, or if it cannot be disposed of safely by council collections.
How to book
To use your nearest re3 site, you will need to select a date and time to visit.
For anyone without access to the internet, a friend or relative can make a booking on their behalf.
Spaces are limited and we will open bookings for 7 days in advance. New bookings will be released each day, once the site has reopened. Bookings will be available for slots from 8am to 7pm.
When not to visit
Do not make a booking and visit if you are:
- showing symptoms of coronavirus
- in a 14-day household isolation period
Important information - please read before you visit
New safety measures at the sites
The following safety measures will be in place at both recycling sites:
- you can only use the sites if you make an appointment first
- social distancing of at least 2m will be strictly enforced
- site staff will not be able to assist with unloading
- a limited number of vehicles will be allowed on site at any one time
What you need do
- please arrive within chosen timeframe
- bring proof of residency with you, such as a driving licence or a council tax bill
- while we recommend that you bring a copy of your booking confirmation with you, you do not need to print the confirmation email to access the site
- if using a commercial or commercial type vehicle, you will also need to apply for a commercial vehicle permit prior to your visit
- wash your hands before and after your visit
- double bag contaminated waste
- sort your waste before leaving home to make your trip more efficient
- travel alone, if you are able to handle your waste yourself
Entry and exits at our sites
For your safety, we will be managing traffic entering and exiting the recycling centres.
Be aware that you may have to queue in your vehicle before you are allowed into a site; please respect instructions from our staff, who will be working to manage the flow of vehicles and make sure social distancing measures are maintained.
If visiting our recycling centre in Longshot Lane, please approach the site via Downmill Road. The junction between Western Road and Longshot Lane will be closed to residents accessing the site. These traffic management measures will make sure congestion along Longshot Lane is kept to a minimum.
Please respect our staff who are working hard to support you by delivering services under unprecedented conditions. Any disorderly behaviour will not be tolerated. If required, any public order incidents will be reported to the police and if necessary, the sites will close safely but immediately.
Residents can dispose of or recycle all usual items, including chargeable waste. Please use contactless payments for any transactions if possible. Rules for access in the commercial type vehicles still apply. For more information, please see our recycling centre page.
For more information, please see the re3 website.