How the good causes scheme works
Nominations are open all the time. Every 3 months all the eligible causes will be put into a draw. The 3 successful ones will be contacted and all unsuccessful nominations will be carried forward to the next draw.
The current round of donations runs from 1 November to 31 January 2023.
Current good causes
The 3 good causes are:
ABC to Read
The donation will go towards the recruitment of a volunteer to help Bracknell children who struggle with reading.
1st Hanworth Guides
The donation will help purchase craft items and other resources. It will also buy cleaning materials so meetings take place in a COVID-19 secure environment.
Friends of Ascot Heath Primary School
The donation will help to support the school and to advance the education of pupils.
How to donate your points
To donate your recycling reward points to any of these causes, log in to your account.
A point counts as a vote, rather than a monetary value. The scheme is sponsored and currently £1,000 is available to be split between the good causes every 3 months. When the donation period ends, the points total is recorded and £1,000 is split between the 3 causes. The funds are split in proportion to the points donated to each cause.
The good causes scheme is currently being sponsored by our waste collection contractor SUEZ.
If you are interested in sponsoring the scheme please fill in the incentive scheme enquiry form.
Nominating a good cause
To nominate a group or cause to be a good cause in the next round, please fill in the incentive scheme enquiry form.
All good causes must:
- be independent local organisations operating in Bracknell Forest with no direct fiscal links to a national body seeking to do something to the benefit of the local community or the environment (either in whole or in part)
- not be individuals, or financially supported political or religious purposes
- be not for profit
- not currently grant or otherwise funded by Bracknell Forest Council
- not have benefited from the recycling incentive scheme good cause fund in the last 3 years
Good causes chosen in the last 3 years
The groups listed below have all benefited from the recycling incentive scheme in the last 3 years. Please check this list before nominating a good cause, as a group can only be chosen once every 3 years:
- Sandhurst Day Centre
- Bracknell Tuesday Stroke Club
- Easthampstead Park Community School
- Jennett’s Park School PTA
- Newbold School PTFA
- Citizens Advice Bracknell & District
- Fox Hill Primary School
- St Michaels Easthampstead C of E Primary School PTA
- Smartworks Reading
- New Scotland Hill Primary and Nursery
- Daisy’s Dream
- Charters Short Mat Bowls Club
- Friends of Wooden Hill
- Sebastian’s Action Trust
- Crown Wood Primary and Nursery School Parents Association
- Cranbourne Primary School Garden and Nature Trust
- Ascot and Cranbourne Preschool
- Jennetts Park Community Association
- 1st Priestwood Guides
- Youth Council
- Sandhurst Counselling Services
- St Paul’s Child Contact Centre
- Friends of Birch Hill
- 2nd Great Hollands Brownies
- Friends of Binfield School
- Sandhurst Health Walks
- 1st Warfield Rainbows
- The Green Champion
- 1st Owlsmoor Scout Group
- Sandy Lane School Association
- Berkshire Lowland Search and Rescue
- 1st Binfield Guides
- Binfield Community Choir
- 1st Priestwood Brownies
- 2nd Bracknell Scout Group
- Uplands Primary School
- 1st Crown Wood Brownies