If you are a British, Irish, Commonwealth or European Union citizen and receive a pension from another country, we can provide a stamp on your ‘Proof of life’ form. This confirms your residency in the UK.
There are several names for this including:
- proof of life
- certificate of existence
- certificate of life
- letter of existence
You need to book an appointment for this service and a small fee applies.
Each person named on the ‘Proof of life’ form will need to attend the appointment and bring the following:
- the ‘Proof of life’ form you need us to authorise
- an English translation of the document - if the form is not in English
- a valid passport, driver's licence, bus pass or other photo ID
You will also need to bring one of the following to prove your address:
- a utility bill dated no more than 3 months before the date of your appointment
- a bank or building society statement or passbook dated no more than 1 month before the date of your appointment
- a council tax bill dated no more than 1 year before the date of your appointment
To book an appointment, use the enquiry form below.