Get involved in our SEND Local Offer
We're speaking to lots of parents, carers, young people with SEND and professionals as we develop Bracknell Forest’s Local Offer. We want to get ideas from the people who want or need to use the Local Offer.
Get in touch if you'd like to have your say on what's in the local offer and in how the information is presented.
The Local Offer gives children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities and their families information about support services that are available.
Who the Local Offer is for
The Local Offer will help parents, carers, children, young people, practitioners and professionals to see clearly which services and support across education, health and social care, are available locally.
What it must include
The Local Offer must include information about the services available in Bracknell Forest including:
- education, health care and social services provision
- arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people with SEND
- how services are accessed (including eligibility criteria) and how decisions are made
- arrangements for supporting children and young people in their school as well as moving between school phases
- services to support young people in preparing for adulthood and independence
- arrangements for disagreement resolution, complaints, mediation and appealing to the SEND Tribunal
- information for feedback and review of the Local Offer
Visit the Local Offer - Family Services Directory website for more information.