Education Employment Committee profile
This committee is a sub-committee of the Employment Committee.
Role of committee
The role of this committee is to consider all human resources policies of the council in relation to school based staff.
Membership of committee
This committee is appointed by the Employment Committee. There are 6 elected members.
Why be on this committee?
As an elected member, you may want to join this committee if you:
- want to make sure that all our school staff are treated legally, fairly and consistently
- have an interest in HR legislation and a desire to use it effectively, particularly in education
- can assimilate information from a variety of sources
- can work with others to agree appropriate conclusions
- form good working relationships
- can provide clear guidance
Key meeting details
Number of meetings
There are 4 meetings a year.
Day and time
The usual meeting day is Wednesday at 5:30pm.
If you join this committee, training will be arranged as part of the induction programme to help you understand the roles and responsibilities of the Employment Committee.
Special payments for Chairman
There is no special payment for being Chairman.