Governance and Audit Committee profile
Role of committee
The role of the committee is to consider and advise or determine matters relating to:
- internal and external audit
- risk management
- the council’s governance including the constitution
- the standards framework
Membership of committee
This committee is appointed by the Council. There are 8 elected members.
Why be on this committee?
As an elected member, you may want to join this committee if you:
- want to ensure that the council has a robust and effective governance framework which delivers compliance with our requirements
- believe we should quickly identify, rectify and learn from any breaches
- are committed to continuous improvement and learning
- have attention to detail and a drive to get to root causes
Key meeting details
Number of meetings
There are 5 meetings a year.
Day and time
The usual meeting day is Wednesday at 7:30pm.
If you join this committee, training will be arranged as part of the induction programme to help you understand the roles and responsibilities of the committee.
Special payments for Chairman
There is a special payment of £2201 for the Chairman.