Licensing Panels profile
This panel is a sub-committee of the Licensing and Safety Committee.
Role of panel
The role of the panel is to determine appeals in relation to licence applications for premises and drivers.
Membership of panel
Each panel is appointed by the Licensing and Safety Committee. It is made up of 3 elected members from the committee.
Why be on this panel?
As an elected member, you may want to join this panel if you:
- are available to attend hearings during the day
- are able to interpret and apply regulations fairly and consistently
- are able to understand situations and concepts quickly
- approach decision-making based on evidence
- can be open minded
- have a calm approach when speaking to a range of people
Key meeting details
Number of meetings
Meetings are held as required. On average there are 15 meetings a year.
Day and time
The usual meeting day is Wednesday at 10am or 2pm.
If you join this committee, training will be arranged as part of the induction programme to help you understand the roles and responsibilities of the committee. You will be unable to participate in hearings until this has been completed.
Additional chairing training will be offered to those considering acting in the role of Chairman for the panels.
Special payments for Chairman
There is no special payment for being Chairman.