Out of hours emergencies

In the event of a serious medical or criminal emergency call 999.

Social services emergencies (Emergency Duty Service)

We are here to help with any personal or family problems that reach crisis out of hours and cannot wait until the next day.

Contact the Emergency Duty Service on 01344 351999.

Calls to the Emergency Duty Service are recorded for quality assurance purposes.

Emergencies (not social services)

You can contact us in an emergency, out of hours, between 5pm and 8:30am:

  • Monday to Friday
  • weekends
  • bank holidays

Out of hours, we are only able to deal with emergencies that are likely to have a significant impact on safety or emergency planning matters.

Types of emergency

You can contact us about:

  • highways emergencies such as obstructions, faulty traffic lights, street lighting, dangerous structures and council owned buildings
  • emergency planning incidents
  • lost or found dogs

Making a call

Call 01344 352000 and select the appropriate option.

Your call will be answered by Forestcare. They will pass on your call to the relevant agent or agency who will do their best to resolve your emergency.

Forestcare may need to refer to an out of hours document to resolve your query. This is due to the complexity of covering all council departments. If this is the case, the member of staff will be open and transparent with you about the steps they are taking. This may include needing to end the call to resolve your query.

Forestcare also take life critical calls from members of the public and this work will be prioritised.

For non-emergency calls, we will ask you to contact us during the working day.

Useful numbers in an emergency

This following contacts are public service providers and utility companies that may be useful in the event of an emergency, all lines are open 24 hours.

Silva Homes

If you are a Silva Homes tenant and need to report an emergency repair, call 0800 692 3000.


To report power cuts, call 105.


If you smell gas or suspect a gas leak you should phone 0800 111 999 immediately.

Water supply

For issues with water supply, contact the supplier you pay your bills to:

  • South East Water 24 hour line: 0333 000 3330
  • Affinity Water 24 hour line: 0345 357 2407


If you think there is a blockage, or your property has been flooded by a public sewer, call the Thames Water 24 hour line: 0800 316 9800.


Up to date information on flooding in your area is available from the Environment Agency or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188.

Other useful contacts

Medical Emergency NHS 111 service – call 999 in an emergency, and 111 when it is less urgent.

Bracknell Urgent Care Centre - call 01344 55 11 00.

Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service – in an emergency dial 999.

Thames Valley Police – in an emergency dial 999, or 101 to report crime and other concerns that don’t require an emergency response.