Bins and recycling
The council collects your bins.
To find out what day your bins will be collected, you can use our bin collection day finder.
Or you can call us on 01344 352000.
The bins are collected early in the morning.
It is best if you put your bin out the night before.
Please put your bin out on the pavement near your home.
Green bins (normal rubbish)
You can use your green bin for:
- general rubbish (like crisp packets and bread bags)
- food rubbish
Blue bins (recycling)
You can use your blue bin for:
- plastic bottles (like milk bottles or shampoo bottles)
- cartons (like fruit juice and milk cartons)
- plastic packaging (like margarine tubs and yoghurt pots)
- cans (like drink cans or food tins)
- paper and card (like newspapers or flyers)
If you can, please collect your empty glass bottles and take them to a glass recycling point.
To find out where you can take your glass recycling, please call us on 01344 352000.
Need help moving your bin?
If you find it hard to move your bin to the pavement, you can ask us for help.
Call us on 01344 352000.