Sensory needs support
Registering your hearing and sight loss can make it easier to get support.
Support might include:
- travel concessions
- parking concessions
- reductions in your TV licence
How can I get support?
Not everyone is entitled to support.
You will need an assessment to find out what support we can provide .
What kind of support might I get?
The support you may be entitled to includes:
- information on benefits
- information on voluntary groups and employment services in respect of sight and hearing loss
- personal, practical and social care and support in your home if you are living independently (home care)
- aids, equipment and house adaptations to help with daily living
- appointments for weekly clinics held at the Bridgewell Centre so that you can speak to an occupational therapist and try out equipment
- short term respite care which can sometimes be arranged in your own home
- help with mobility and communication skills
- liaison with other organisations, such as education, health and voluntary groups
- housing advice about which housing options are available to you
Organisations that provide support
The following organisations provide support for vision and hearing loss: