Skip to main content

We are currently building a new website. Find out more about our website upgrade.

Sensory needs support

If you suffer from very poor eyesight or hearing, we may be able to help you.


Registering your hearing and sight loss can make it easier to get support.


Support might include:

  • benefits
  • travel concessions
  • parking concessions
  • reductions in your TV licence

How can I get support?

Not everyone is entitled to support.

You will need an assessment to find out what support we can provide .

What kind of support might I get?

The support you may be entitled to includes:

  • information on benefits
  • information on voluntary groups and employment services in respect of sight and hearing loss
  • personal, practical and social care and support in your home if you are living independently (home care)
  • aids, equipment and house adaptations to help with daily living
  • appointments for weekly clinics held at the Bridgewell Centre so that you can speak to an occupational therapist and try out equipment
  • short term respite care which can sometimes be arranged in your own home
  • help with mobility and communication skills
  • liaison with other organisations, such as education, health and voluntary groups
  • housing advice about which housing options are available to you

Organisations that provide support

The following organisations provide support for vision and hearing loss:

PDF iconSensory needs directory2.44 MB

Contact information

Adult Social Care

Make an enquiry