Bracknell Day Services is a place where adults with learning disabilities can come to meet friends and access activities.
We support adults with learning disabilities to access community facilities such as sports, leisure, arts and drama. We also provide a central point for people to meet friends and socialise as well as join in with the activities that we provide here on site, at Waymead.
In addition to socialising and taking part in activities on site, we also have:
- access to a small garden and an allotment in the local area where we can support people who are interested in gardening and growing their own plants and food
- a sensory room with several pieces of modern equipment as well as more traditional pieces - the room has a ceiling hoist to assist individuals who may have more complex mobility needs
- the ability to help individuals access a variety of activities at the local leisure centre including:
- table tennis
We aim to:
- provide care and support to meet the individual needs and interests of each person who comes to the centre
- help develop skills and independence by working with individuals to plan their goals in areas such as life skills, work, sports, leisure and the arts