Information for tenants and landlords
The government wants to make sure everyone who rents can have a safe, secure, warm and dry place they call home.
GOV.UK provides guidance to help both landlords and tenants and sets out the roles and responsibilities when letting or renting a property in the private rented sector (PRS).
The Public Protection Partnership (PPP) is a shared service of Bracknell Forest Council, West Berkshire Council and Wokingham Borough Council. The PPP has a range of services and functions relating to the private rented housing sector aimed at supporting landlords and tenants, making properties and living conditions within our area meet minimum standards.
- enforcing Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) management standards
- licensing of HMOs
- providing an advisory service within certain areas of the private rented sector
- regulating housing safety using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
- leading on campaigns and tackling rogue landlords
You can also find more information on their website about:
The PPP is responsible for enforcing all living standards in privately rented accommodation and provides information for tenants and landlords on:
- electrical safety standards
- smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- energy efficiency standards
Please visit Housing standards for more information.
Contact the PPP if you feel you are being exposed to any unreasonable hazards in your privately rented accommodation which you believe your private landlord is responsible for. If you are a landlord and are experiencing anti-social behaviour from your tenants please contact PPP to see if there is anything they can assist you with.