School admission appeals
If you are not allocated a place at a school you named as a preferred school on your application form, you have the right to appeal against this decision.
Please read the admission appeals booklet below which provides information around the appeals process in Bracknell Forest before completing the appeal form. You can also find national guidance for parents on school appeals on GOV.UK
Infant class size appeals
Government regulations limit class sizes to 30 pupils per class teacher in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. There are very limited grounds on which appeals to these year groups can be allowed. To allow an infant class size appeal, the panel must find that:
- the infant class size limit (30 pupils per class teacher) would not be breached if your child were admitted to the school
- the admissions arrangements were not correctly and impartially applied in your case
- the decision to refuse your child a place at the school was unreasonable
Please consider which of the above apply to your case before submitting an infant class size appeal.
School appeals for applications within a school year are heard throughout the year, within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
The provisional dates for in-year appeals to be heard are:
- Wednesday 3 November 2021
- Wednesday 17 November 2021
- Thursday 2 December 2021
View our school admission appeal statistics.
School admission appeals panel
School admission appeal panels determine appeals lodged by parents where their child is not offered a place at their preferred school.
Each appeal panel is made up of 2 categories of people:
- people who have not worked in a school except as a governor or volunteer
- people who are experienced in education, such as teachers, teaching assistants or parents of registered pupils
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer member or apply for appointment to the educational appeals panel, please read our information page.
If you have any queries regarding school admission appeals or would like more information, please contact us on 01344 352000.