Skip to main content

We are currently building a new website. Find out more about our website upgrade.

Register a building for worship or marriage

A place of meeting for religious worship may be registered as a building of worship by applying to the registrar in the district where the building is situated.

This excludes churches or chapels of the Church of England, unless it shares a church building with another religious denomination.

The forms required are on GOV.UK - Certifying a building for worship and marriage.