There are separate procedures for the following complaints:
- for adult social care, please see our adult social care complaints page
- for children’s social care, please see our children's social care complaints page
- for councillor complaints, please see our councillor complaints page
- for education, please see our school complaints page
- for street cleaning complaints, please complete our street cleaning complaints form
- for waste and recycling complaints, please complete our waste and recycling complaints form
General complaints procedure
For a complaint that is not about a councillor, education or social care, please first read the procedures below before submitting your feedback.
We aim to resolve complaints at the earliest opportunity. Our complaints procedure has 3 stages.
We will do our best to resolve your complaint with a member of staff or manager of that service. Most complaints are resolved at this stage.
If you are not happy with the resolution, you can send your complaint to the Director of the service.
If you remain unsatisfied, you may write to the Chief Executive of the council.
For full details, please read our complaints procedure booklet:
Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGO)
If the complaint cannot be resolved by the council, you can contact the LGO.
For more information, visit the LGO website or call 0300 061 0614.
You can view our annual summary of statistics on complaints made to the LGO: