A lifeline is a personal alarm system that provides a link to our dedicated control centre – 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
The lifeline comes with a base unit and a pendant which can be worn either on your wrist or around your neck.
Simply push the red button on the base unit or on your pendant to connect to the control centre. When your call comes through to us we will offer you help and make sure that you get the assistance you need.
The pendant can be worn in the home or the garden and has a range of around 50 metres.
Once you have a lifeline set up, you can select from a range of sensors to enhance your safety and security.
The basic package
You will need to rent the lifeline basic package. The basic package consists of:
- a base unit
- a pendant
- a wrist strap
- a neck cord
More than one pendant can be used with each base unit. If an additional pendant is required this can be rented at extra cost.
Once you have a lifeline set up, you can select from a range of sensors to enhance your safety and security. Sensors are programmed into the lifeline alarm unit and will automatically raise a call through to the control centre if activated
Who it's for
Many people can benefit from having a lifeline and anyone can have one installed. You can be a homeowner or rent your property.
A lifeline will benefit any individual who feels vulnerable at home. This may be due to age, disability, ill health or simply because you live alone and require a friendly and reassuring voice at the end of the phone.
We have a wide range of customers with various needs:
- people living alone
- individuals with no local support network
- businesses and organisations that have people working from home
- residents in sheltered housing
- families with young children
- those at risk of domestic violence
- people leaving hospital
- those at risk of regular falls
- people suffering from illnesses
- people with a range of conditions including physical and mental health disabilities, autism, learning difficulties and allergies
We install lifelines in Bracknell Forest in addition to the following areas:
- Windsor and Maidenhead
- West Berkshire
- Parts of Hampshire, Surrey and Oxfordshire
Rental charge includes a lifeline alarm and one pendant. Additional pendants (all areas) cost £1.11 per week.
Please note that all prices exclude VAT.
Lifeline unit in Bracknell Forest area
£4.20 per week
Lifeline unit in all other areas
£4.47 per week
You may be exempt from paying VAT on telecare equipment. Read guidance on VAT relief on GOV.UK.
You can still use your phone as normal. However, if your phone is cordless then we recommend that you do not keep it too close to the lifeline unit as it may cause interference.
For installation purposes, the main telephone point ideally needs to be within approximately 0.75m of a power socket – the lifeline requires power to work and also needs to plug into your phone.
If you do not have a working phone line we can provide a unit which uses a mobile SIM card.
Benefits of Forestcare
Choose us because we offer:
- free, no obligation demonstration and installation
- competitive prices with no upfront costs
- experienced, friendly staff with local knowledge
- consistently good performance and high customer satisfaction
- respect for your individual rights and dignity
- Telecare Services Association affiliation
- a next day repair and replacement service
We will respond to:
- critical faults within:
- 24 hours for the majority of issues (90%)
- 48 hours for the remainder of issues (10%)
- non-critical faults within:
- 5 days for the majority of issues (90%)
- 10 days for the remainder of issues (10%)
The service can be cancelled at any time. For full details see our lifeline terms and conditions.