What to submit
A planning application cannot progress until we get the completed form, necessary plans of the site, required supporting information and the appropriate fee.
When submitting a planning application, please be aware that we will not be able to upload any single document over 5mb to our planning system. This will apply to documents submitted via the planning portal or emailed to us.
Please send us 2 complete sets of the:
- mandatory documents
- design and access statements - where applicable
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Notice Under Article 13 of application for planning permission for non-householder development
These are the documents that need to be submitted with your planning application:
- standard application form - 1 copy plus the original
- plus Additional Information Requirement Form CIL - where applicable
- ownership certificates completed
- notice served - if appropriate
- location plan - 1:1250 or 1:2500
- site/block plan – 1:200 or 1:500
- existing elevations and floor plans
- proposed elevations and floor plans
- roof plans
- the correct fee
- design and access statement - if appropriate
- SUDs (Sustainable Drainage Strategy) - where appropriate
Plans should be clear, intelligible, drawn to a metric scale and the scale quoted. They must distinguish clearly, preferably in colour, between existing and proposed development.
Plans should show the whole building and be fully annotated with dimensions, room spaces identified and drawing titles eg living room/bedroom; front and rear elevation.
You will also need to submit ordnance survey (OS) extracts with your planning application. You can buy planning application ordnance survey (OS) maps online.