New developments and public highways

The Development Management team is responsible for making sure that formal agreements are in place to carry out works on existing highways where they are linked to new development proposals.

Such works are normally covered under S278 of the Highways Act 1980.

If the work relates to individual residential vehicle access, please see our dropped kerb page.

If the work requires licensing, please see our roads and street works licenses section

Procedures and fees

Please contact us for more information on procedures and fees for works to existing highways.

If you would like to speak to an officer please call 01344 352000 and ask to speak to an officer within the Development Management and Adoptions (Transport) Team.

Contact information

Highways and Transport