Ofsted inspection 2017
Community learning was inspected by Ofsted in November 2017.
Inspectors found the service to be ‘good’ in all 5 key areas.
The findings from the report show efforts to raise standards have paid off.
Inspectors’ findings included:
- leaders and managers work well with partners to develop courses that meet learners’ abilities and interests well
- learners develop valuable personal, social and work-related skills
- the large majority of learners make good progress towards achieving their qualification or course goals
- tutors and volunteers give learners very effective individual support during lessons that motivates them to work hard
- learners use good quality learning resources, activities and technology that help them gain good subject knowledge and skills
You can download the full report on the Ofsted website.