Make a difference as a school governor
Kennel Lane is a special school in Bracknell for around 190 young people from age 2 to 19.
Our vision is to enable our learners to understand the world around them, become fulfilled individuals and active and compassionate citizens. We do this by providing an innovative and outstanding education.
"Since becoming a governor at Kennel Lane I have really developed my skills and knowledge. I enjoy contributing to the discussions and working with such a great team.
"But most of all I love seeing the difference that we can make to the young people here. I would definitely recommend it.”
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- energy and enthusiasm
- confidence to challenge and actively contribute during discussions
- an ability to work closely and collaboratively with others
- a willingness to learn
- commitment to giving sufficient time to do the job well
In return we can offer you:
- opportunities to develop and enhance your decision making, change management, financial, project management, leadership and many other transferable skills
- access to a comprehensive governor training programme
- opportunity to become part of a team of dedicated governors and professional staff
- a chance to make a positive impact on the lives of our young people
How to apply
To find out more about becoming a governor at Kennel Lane School email email@example.com
If you are interested in becoming a school governor, fill in the governor registration form.