Targeted 2 year old education and childcare funding

This funding is for families considered 'most in need'. 

Working families can access the Working Parent Entitlement. It provides support for 2 year olds who meet the eligibility requirements. 

Learn more about Working Parents Entitlement.

Two year olds who live in households which meet the eligibility criteria are entitled to funded childcare places of up to 15 hours a week over 38 weeks. This is a total of 570 hours in each 12 month period from the school term after their second birthday.


To find out if you are eligible, go to Free education and childcare for 2 year olds on GOV.UK

When to apply

The ideal time to apply is the school term before your child’s second birthday.

How to apply

Apply online using the Citizen Portal.

Before you can use this site you must register your email address, if you have not already done so. User guidance is available below.

You will need your National Insurance number and date of birth to check your eligibility with the government’s Eligibility Checking Service.

Apply for 2 year old funding

Attachment Size
1 MB

If you are eligible

You will get a reference number confirming your eligibility for 2 year old funding.

You can share this reference number with your chosen childcare provider. Your childcare provider will use this reference number to place your child at their setting and claim funding.

Not all childcare providers in Bracknell Forest are registered to deliver 2 year old funding. Visit the Bracknell Forest Local Directory to search for childcare providers registered to deliver 2 year old funding.

If you are not eligible

More information on help with childcare costs is available on Childcare Choices.

If you need help, contact our outreach worker by:

When your child turns 3

All children are entitled to free early education funding from the term after their third birthday. This is known as the universal entitlement.

A child who gets 2 year old funding will automatically transfer to the universal entitlement the term after their third birthday.

Contact information

Family Information Service