Children’s centres provide activities for under 5s and support and information for their families. They host services from a range of professionals depending on local need and parental choice.
In Bracknell Forest there are 4 centres:
You can find out about the activities we run in our centres in our programme.
Types of services available
The following are typical services available at the children's centres:
- activities for under 5s
- antenatal and post natal advice and support for parents and carers
- family support and parental outreach
- healthy child programme
- information and guidance on breast feeding, hygiene, nutrition and safety
- promoting positive mental health and emotional well-being
- speech and language and other specialist support
- support for healthy lifestyles
- help in stopping smoking
- cultural support groups for families
- links with Jobcentre Plus
- information and advice on childcare and activities for young people
- links with local registered childminders
- information and advice on e-safety
Children's centre advisory boards
Are you interested in becoming more involved with your children's centre or already decided to become an advisory board member? Please see the children's advisory board - e-learning package to find out more.