Education, training and employment
We want you to succeed in your education, training and employment. We want to make sure you have the support to achieve your goals in life.
We will ask you how you are doing and be ready to celebrate your achievements with you.
We will offer you:
Careers information and advice, such as:
- help to develop your CV
- advice about job interviews, including what you might wear
Support to buy tools, equipment, essential clothing, and books, when you start your training or new work opportunity.
Support to meet your transport costs when travelling to:
- school or college
- job interviews
This is available until your bursary, salary or other income supports these costs.
Support if you choose to go to university, such as:
- helping you choose the right course
- tuition fees and maintenance loans
- travel costs at the start and end of term
- help with where to live during the holidays
Opportunities for work experience, apprenticeships and employment within the council.
The chance to attend and help organise celebration events when young people achieve education, training and employment milestones.
Help with expenses
The law says we must help with expenses linked with employment, education and training. In particular we will:
- provide you with a Higher Education (HE) bursary of at least £2,000 if you go to university
- help you find somewhere to stay during university holidays (or funding for this if you would prefer to make your own arrangements) if you are in full time HE or full time residential further education and your term time accommodation is not available
You will still be entitled to support from the Virtual School, as you did when you were a child.
You can also access support from Elevate Bracknell Forest - they provide careers advice and information.