Risk assessment and risk indicator training
This online course runs from 9:30am to 1pm on:
- Tuesday 19 January 2021
- Wednesday 24 March 2021
Who this course is for
This is a multi-agency course. It is for professionals working in Bracknell Forest in either voluntary or statuary services who come into contact with victims of domestic abuse, or who have contact with members of the general public where disclosure of domestic abuse may take place.
Before taking this course you should have a good understanding of domestic abuse issues. Introduction to domestic abuse or other safeguarding training are suitable options.
This half day course builds the confidence and skills of front-line practitioners and staff in responding to victims of domestic abuse.
This course will enable you to:
- understand risk assessment in domestic abuse
- explore agency responsibility in relation to risk identification, assessment and management
- know how to complete a Domestic Abuse, Stalking Harrassment and Honour Based Abuse (DASH) Risk Identification Checklist
- feel more confident to work with victims of domestic abuse in a safety focused way
- be aware of the role of the Independent Domestic Violence Advocate
- understand how to refer into the Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC), its processes and the importance of proportionate information sharing and co-ordinated action planning
- gain knowledge of local and national relevant support services.
- understand how this learning may impact on their own work situation
When: 9:30am to 1pm
Where: online via Microsoft Teams
Cost: free (there is a charge of £50 for non-attendance or non-cancellation)
How to book
Bracknell Forest Council staff should book through iWorks.
If you are not Bracknell Forest Council staff please email your booking request to: Organisational.Development@bracknell-forest.gov.uk.
The deadline for booking your place is 7 days before the training.
Your Microsoft Teams invitation will not be sent to you when you book, but will be sent shortly before the training.
Please make a note of the date when you make your booking.
Terms and conditions
You may cancel your place up to 7 working days before the course.
If you fail to attend without notice you will be charged a £50 cancellation fee.
If you are unable to attend on the day because you are unwell, please notify the course tutors. In this case, we will accept a delegate.
Domestic abuse is an emotive and difficult topic. While the course will be delivered sensitively, tutors can accept no responsibility for any distress caused.