Benefits of volunteering
Volunteering is about giving your time or skills without getting paid for it in any way. It is an ideal opportunity to become directly involved in making a positive difference to the community and the environment.
There are many reasons why people choose to volunteer:
- to gain skills/experience to change careers or get a job
- to support an issue that you or a member of your family have been affected by
- to gain confidence in returning to the workplace
- to improve confidence or self-esteem
- to give something back to your community
Volunteering with us
There are opportunities to volunteer with us in the following areas:
There may be other council wide volunteering opportunities available. Please contact Customer Services for more information.
Other volunteering opportunities
For other volunteering opportunities please contact the following organisations:
- Do It - a national volunteering website
- Berkshire Youth - specializing in volunteering for 16-25 year olds
Workshops for voluntary work
Involve run a number of different workshops and courses for those interested in doing voluntary work.
If you are a voluntary, community group or charity looking to recruit volunteers you can contact involve for information, help and guidance:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 01344 304404