Open+ allows you to use the library when you want and how you want.
Open+ means that you can:
- use the library at a time that is more convenient for you
- issue and discharge books and other media via the self-service machines
- book a computer and pay for any printing via the self-service machines
Please be aware that some facilities may not be available during times when the library is not staffed.
Library customers over the age of 16 can register to use Open+ if:
- your account is active (that is, you have used your Library card within the last 5 years) and your use of any library service has not been suspended
- you have not received a verbal warning from a member of staff in the last 3 months
- you have not received a written warning letter from the library service within the last year
- you have not received a ban from a library building within the last year
- your current balance on your account is less than £5 (if the balance on your account reaches £10, you must reduce this amount to zero in order to remain an Open+ member - please discuss this with a member of staff in case of difficulty)
Bracknell Forest Library Service reserves the right to refuse Open+ membership if it is felt there are sufficient grounds to do so.
New members are welcome to sign up to use the Library during Open+ hours.
Please do not allow others to follow behind you into the library. Every visitor is required to scan their own card to gain access.
Do not share your library card or PIN with anyone else.
What if I have a problem?
Feedback forms are available at the staff counter to report problems with computers and other equipment.
Emergency support is provided by Forestcare. Staff will show you how to access this during your induction session.
The following safety information should be noted.
There is an emergency contact point in the library. On using this, it will automatically dial our out of hours Forestcare emergency service who will assist you.
The library is monitored by CCTV cameras placed at strategic points around the building. Please be aware that images will be constantly recorded for security purposes.
If the alarm sounds or an emergency announcement is made, please leave the building immediately.
In the event of a power failure, the emergency lights will activate. Please leave the building immediately.
Leaving the library
You can leave the library at any time by using the push button exit by the door. Please make sure that nobody enters the library as you leave.
Computer sessions will shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.
An announcement will be made 15 minutes before closing time last thing at night.
The lights will dim 5 minutes before the library closes and go off completely just after closing time when the alarms will also be activated.
What do we expect of you?
As a user of Open+, we expect that you:
- will safeguard your access card and PIN
- will not allow others to tailgate you into the library
- do not behave in a way that is disruptive or offensive to other users
- do not eat or drink in the library
- keep your personal belongings with you at all times
- report problems with equipment or services promptly
- tell local staff as soon as possible if you change your PIN online or swap your library card for any reason
Please note, that if you change your PIN online or swap your library card for any reason, you will not be able to access the library for 24 hours after you have told local staff.
Access to the library during unstaffed hours is granted by the council without a responsibility to users.
The council is not responsible for any theft, damage, destruction or loss to your property or personal belongings or for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of any cause beyond our control.
Nothing in this disclaimer shall limit or exclude the council’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence.