Skip to main content

It is with deep sadness that we have learned of the death of His Royal Highness, the Duke of Edinburgh.

Using your own contractor

If a private contractor is carrying out the work for you, the council's highways inspector must still inspect it.

The contractor must fill in the application form for a section 184 licence and send it to us with proofs of insurance documentation (Public Liability £5,000,000 min) and Street Works Accreditation to a supervisory level. This must be done within 2 weeks of your dropped kerb application form being submitted. We need all relevant documentation before we can grant permission.

The council will issue a section 184 licence. The contractor will then have to apply for a street works permit at extra cost.

Contact information

Customer services

Make an enquiry