Educational Psychology Service privacy notice
1. Name of the Data Controller
Bracknell Forest Council
Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1AJ
2. Contact for Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
Bracknell Forest Council
Phone: 01344 352000
3. Purpose and lawful bases for the personal data that you process
The personal data of the children and young people and that of their parents or carers will be used to process any application for Educational Psychology services in order to assist the council in their legal obligation to ensure that every child receives a suitable education (Education Act 1996).
If the child or young person is subsequently assessed for an Education and Health Care Needs assessment then the data will be used as part of the statutory psychological assessment of this process as per the Children and Families Act (2014).
4. Basis of processing for special categories of data
Special Categories data is being processed under GDPR Article 9(2)(b) for:
- ethnicity in order to ensure that the Council is performing its duties in regards to social protection law ensuring its compliance with appropriate safeguards for the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject
5. Recipients of the personal data that you collect and process
Personal data is shared between schools and this service as part of any referral process. We also share data with social services if requested as part of any social care statutory assessment process. .
We will not sell your personal data to any party.
6. International transfers and if applicable any safeguards in place
Your personal data may be stored securely in a cloud based system within the European Union. The Council will seek to ensure that an adequate standard of security is obtained if personal data is stored on a system outside the European Union.
7. Retention periods for the data and the criteria for setting that period (for example as set in legislation)
The retention period is set in legislation or as required for the service that is being provided.
We keep information on the children and young people we work with until they are 25.
Your data will not be kept for longer than is necessary.
8. Individual rights
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
1. The right to be informed.
2. The right of access.
3. The right to rectification.
4. The right to erasure.
5. The right to restrict processing.
6. The right to data portability.
7. The right to object.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
9. Right to withdraw consent
If we ask you for your consent when providing our service you have the right to withdraw consent.
10. Right to complain to the ICO
If you are not satisfied with the way that Bracknell Forest Council is holding your data the Information Commissioner can be contacted
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Fax: 01625 524 510
You can view directions to our head office.
11. Existence of profiling and or automated decision making
Bracknell Forest Council does not need to collate your personal data for profiling or automated decision making.